Friday, June 15, 2007

Japanese restaurant on the bay

The not so exciting part
Woke up late again today. I've been waking up at my record waking up time for the past like 3,4 days which happens to be 1.30pm which is a perfect time to wake up because dining hall ends lunch at 1.30pm which is just great because although I can still make it down there is no way I'm going to rush down to the dining hall all smelly and messy haired and in boxers and singlet like some bloody PERK. Hey, I ain't no PERK.
Anyway so I decided to go to the Esplanade so that I can listen to the Dvorak Sonatina Op. 100 in G major, take a look at the score and see if I can prepare in within a month for the concert. But before that need to settle empty stomach first so I had like a few pieces of biscuit and milo for lunch (by that time was like almost high tea already), packed notes and went to Esplanade.
perform that for concert. After I was done, picked up the paper as usual. Read thru Newpaper and Straits Times. Nothing interesting going on in the world today except that stupid damn expensive Kuala Lumpur drain which is the debate topic in Malaysia today I'm sure. Then by this time it was like 5,6 smth and I haven't done anything yet so I told myself I must start studying. And.. I took out my new story book The Jester by James Patterson and read it till like 7.30pm then I realised again I haven't done anything for the day so I told myself must study and FINALLY took out my physics note and read kinematics and dynamics and finished them. I dunno if I should be happy with my achievements of not. So on the spur of the moment IHello, hello library@Esplanade yet again. The place which accompanied me throughout my O's period. One of the places where my 7 points results were formed. Anyway, thats besides the point. I spent like an hour looking for the score which my ass was facing all the time and yet I didn't noticed. (well, my ass doesn't have eyes) and listen to the piece and it was very typical Dvorak. Can hear some of the distinct dunno wat mode of scale he used which sounds a bit chinese and american. Just like his american string quartet in F. I still dunno if I'm going to decided to renew my library membership and DANG! I'm so stupid for throwing away my old library card it cost me freaking 5 bucks to make a new 1. BOING!!! and borrowed 3 DVDs (HOW CAN I BE DOING THIS DURING THE EXAMS!!!!!). Okay, okay. enuf crap. Moving on to the exciting part.

This is the exciting PART!
Now if you guys are ever at Esplanade and feeling extremely hungry and cold and craving for something to warm you up and keep you alert. Here's my recommendation. Ichiban Boshi!!! which is a Japanese restaurant in Esplanade itself. And I must
say the food there is absolutely delightful and fresh and delicious. Now, when a Muarian says that a particular restaurant serves nice food you must TAKE NOTICE because as everybody knows, Muar is the best place for delicious food in Malaysia so Muarians naturally have a good taste of whats good and whats not. So believe me man, Ichiban Boshi should be the only Japanese restaurant you even bother to visit. Its JAM packed on concert nights and during dinner time around 6,7. If you go there too early say 4,5 there might not be sufficient food going around the revolving belt. I went there at about 8,9 pm today and there was a wonderful array of sushi going around even their most very delicious cheese cake. Their sushi per plate is $1.90 which is standard market price in Singapore. 5,6 plates of sushi should get the average Singapore decently full so your meal will be like 15-16 bucks and you get top quality jap food. Its worth it and savior a cup of fine piping hot green tea. Sooths the throat.
And here are some pics.Here is what I call starters


Some Japanese green stuff that allows me to experience an orgasm :-D Much better than SEX
My main course of Chicken Teriyaki Rice bowl. See the balance of green and brown. Its just perfect. Notice the already high pile of sushi plates behind. As I said earlier, 5-6 should satisfy the average Singaporean by who said I'm the average Singaporean. I'm not even a Singaporean in the first place :-)

*BURP* That was satisfying

Green tea with Japanese cheese cake. Pure class and substance

Sums up my meal

Black and white thrown in for good measure

So those were the pictures from my exciting day out. The meal cost $27 bucks which majority belonged to that Teriyaki Chicken and the taxes. Well worth the dining experience. They have extremely polite and helpful staffs too.

So people remember. If you are looking for great Japanesee food. Please do pay Ichiban Boshi a visit at Esplanade. There have a branch somewhere in Orchard but the ambiance at the Esplanade is just top class.


0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind