Friday, June 1, 2007

Composing

"As I was passing through Windy Gap"

That was the first line of the song that I composed or rather we composed during the composition workshop. Haha. The title of the piece is Ngayulyul (In-ga-liu-liu) which means the place where the hawk dreams. It is actually an aboriginal word.
I had fun throughout the 3 days of the workshop. Met new people, got so tired to listening to Listz's La campanella and Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No.3. There were these few guys at the workshop who loved them so much and played them whenever they could get their hands on a piano. Of course during the first 2 days, AS was in one of her PMS moods again, scolding me for absolutely nothing at all.. Oh well, girls always have that PMS excuse whenever they scold poeple for no reason.
One of the things I learnt during the composition workshop is that we must learn to listen to pieces that we don't like. Ask yourself, when was the last time u actually decided to listen to a song or a piece of music that u already know u didn't like. The reason we should is because there is actually a lot that we can learn from these songs that we don't like. Well, for me, its back to Schoenberg and Stravinsky...



stop singing love songs to prevent me from falling deeper in love with you.

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind