Thursday, June 21, 2007

Call me a genius

PHEW!! Its finally over. I finally managed to fix the bloody mess of a network in Dad's office. I've never configured a network as complicated as this before and a huge thanks to all the people at www.broadbandreports.com who helped me so much. This network is so tough because I had to work with a hell of a lousy streamyx modem that Telekom provided and I had to isolate Dad's computer from the rest of the 20 computers on the 24 port network switch which was itself connected to a D-Link router so that I could set specific firewall rules for all those computers and Dad's computer was isolated from the rest so that it would not be limited by the firewall rules. Its basically DSL modem-->Linksys WRT54G wireless router-->D-Link wired router-->D-Link Gigabit 24 port switch. Phew, my mind is like swirling with ip addresses now as the Linksys and D Link have different ip addresses and the modem on its on has another set of ip address. So i was like doing trial and error the entire day until i finally hit on the correct combination. The entire network of computers is up and running how and the wireless is working perfect and so is the online video cameras and I just keep my fingers cross that everything goes well. YAY

And this are pictures of me experimenting with Mum's amazing mirror which has this amazing ability to magnify our reflection. I've plenty of Physics laws going thru my mind now. Wonder which one fits.


Going to Ahma's village tomorrow which is called Sua Teng which is translated as on the hill top which is actually this village called Gombang which is a few miles from the slightly bigger village called Pagoh. I can't wait to attack King Kong's coffee shop for the delicious toast kaya and butter bread and some Milo ais or Kopi or Teh Tarik. His coffee shop has always been that delicious since I was born. And of course I get to see my not-too-distant-cousin/relative who is 18 this year who got married and gave birth to a baby girl last year. Considering I'm already 17, this is amazing. I'm like an uncle now. (feels old)

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind