Monday, June 11, 2007

Art of finger torture

This is what happens if you don't practise the violin or guitar for a week and after a week you pick them up and start practising again.


The picture on the left shows my very bloodied hand.
The picture on the right shows my fingertips. Now look very carefully at the finger tips. See all the skin peeling off. Yup this is what happens to people like me who love to portamento around the violin fingerboard and guitar fretboard and this is a result of not playing for a week in the time which the thick, rough husk that has built up disappears and the soft skin heals again. Nice. I love torturing my fingers. Even as of now when I'm typing on the keyboard, I feel the numbness and pain.
Budding violinist, its not so much caused by the violin. The damaged is caused more by the guitar with its thicker strings and further distance from the fretboard.

By the way, the red stuff is not blood but red ink from the lousy pilot pen that exploded in my hand and can't be washed off.

Congratulations to Rafael Nadal for winning Roland Garros and congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning the Canadian Grand Prix :-)

Off to sleep!!

People who want to listen to my songs, please contact me personally..

Do check out laozhabor.blogspot.com. Its damn cool. From the movie, Just Follow Law

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind