Saturday, August 2, 2008

Opus 2

Woohoo, Opus 2 ended like 4 hours ago and I'm so high that I can't fall asleep just yet.
I would say that Opus 2 was my best violin performance so far.
Yes, I was nervous, yes, my bow was trembling, yes my legs were also trembling especially for the Wieniawsky. But I'm incredibly satisfied with it.
As Havas said, no matter how much praise or critique is lavish upon a performance, the only person who can truly be satisfied with his performance is himself.
Opus 2 was one of them. People mentioned my trembling bow, but to me, it was one of my best ever efforts in front of a crowd.
I didn't make disastrous errors. I memorized the score for my first piece. I was satisfied with intonation and technical aspects. The fast Czardas, the double stops in the Romance, all just went perfectly for me. So YAY. Cheers to myself and to all those people who sent me good luck messages.
Biggest thanks goes to Patrick. Of all the people I massed smsed, he was the only one that turned up for my recital, that purposely stay back in school for hours, missed dinner and came to my recital alone.
To think that some people refused to come for my concert cos nobody was coming with them. Patrick is one heck of a good friend. :D
Of course not leaving out the Malaysian gang. Thanks guys. But you all stay in hostel la, different.

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind