Sunday, August 24, 2008

That's the final whistle Part II

Well, to continue from yesterday..... warning about some explicit content though....

So here I am, in Form 1 now. Form 1 is the same as Secondary 1 in Singapore. Successfully got into High School Muar. Totally new school, totally new environment though many of my primary school classmates went to the same school too. Anyway, High School was a Malay school so everything from the teachers' conversations with us to teaching medium was in Malay.

Anyway, during the end of year holidays after primary 6, I kinda played too much computers. Sat in front of the computer every single day from morning till night. So, I noticed things started becoming blur and my eyes were watering all the time so that was when I had to wear spectacles. My aunt also recommended me to this new hair saloon and thus gone was my coconut hair and a new spiky hair emerged.

And so with a partial makeover and with Dad's advice from Primary 2, I entered High School Muar. First time seeing so many Malay people. There were students from the other primary schools. High School Muar was Dad's school so I guess he had a certain sense of pride too. I remember the discipline master Cikgu Zainal. He would walk around with his super huge cane everyday. And YES, unlike Singapore, students get whacked by the cane for all the smallest matter from talking in class, talking during assembly, to bringing handphones to school and even for bringing liquid paper to school. It it was public caning btw. In front of the class or during assembly, on the hands or on the ass.

Being in a Malay school also led to things disappearing extremely easily. My pencil case got stolen twice just because during recess I left it on my table and did not put it in my bag. All my pens and pencils GONE!! But I had many Malay friends. I remember this Mohammad Amin who sat beside me who stole my Kemahiran Hidup electronic project and I investigated and I found out!! What an idiot and bastard for stealing my project.

Anyway, I remember Form 1 vividly as the year I finally found out what sex was. It was a funny story really. During Sejarah (History) lesson, we were learning about Islamic traditions and one of them was the Majilis Berkhatam (Circumcision). And so I begun asking my friends why do you need to chop of the skin from your dick. I remember asking Mohammad Amin and Wan Ahmad about it. Then they said so you more POWER LA. Then I was like huh? Why you need your dick to be power? Then they said you need to reproduce next time what. I was like huh? What has dick got to do with reproducing. (Yeah, that was how naive I was) So Wan Ahmad when, HAIX, apabila awak buat, awak ambil itu lelaki punya jibai, cucuk dalam itu perempuan punya jibai. And I was like totally shocked? Really? That was how people reproduce? That was what's called sex? Anyway, so that was like the initiation rite for me.

I was a total nerd and geek in secondary school. Kinda like reading books all the time and sometimes hacking people's computer by embedding keyloggers in people's computer. Form 1 was 1 Intelek, Form 2 was 2 Pintar. Lower secondary was in the afternoon session which meant I could wake up late. Form3 was in 3 Pintar. Took my ASEAN Scholarships test in form 3. I remember how badly I screwed up the paper. I also remember during the test how this girl tried this pick up line on me but being the Girlss EE Yucks person I was, I didn't exactly respond how she wanted it. It was during lunch break that she came up to me while I was reading Lord of The Rings, then she said, excuse me, are you Jason. I turned around, saw this total stranger, quite pretty actually, but I didn't even smile and said, ERM... NO! then turn back and read my LOTR.

Took my PMR national exams in Form 3 too. Results were not that impressive until the week or two before the exams when I realised hey the paper is damn easy. Everything is MCQ. Even Maths, History, Geography was in MCQ. So I took the past year paper and just do them. Then suddenly became very enpowered. During the exams, most of the questions repeated then at the end of it all I was feeling rather confident about it all.

Anyway talking about girls, Form 3 was also when I started knowing some girls of my age from Science tuition. I knew Ting Xin and a few of her close friends. Of course la, at that immature age, I guess everybody did some stupid things with regards to the opposite sex. Anyway, I got my first handphone in the end of Form 2 when we went holidaying in Bangkok. But it was more like a housephone because I couldn't bring it to school anyway.

A short while after PMR, the letter from Singapore MOE came saying that I've made it through the interviews and I should get ready to come to Singapore and I was elated!! Partly because I was pretty tired of Malaysian education and wanted to try out some new stuff in a totally new country. I remember dreaming about this very explicit scene about myself when I had came to Singapore which till this day has not happen! Haha.

So, with school leaving settled, I came to Singapore. Posted to Raffles Institution Boarding and it was there that I learnt that I was posted to Cat High instead of RI. Something which I was kinda sad of but later realised it was the best choice being at Cat High instead of RI.

I remember the first night when I wanted to message so somebody back in Malaysia but realised the international rates were so freaking expensive. Then I started missing home a bit then became a lot. But thankfully there were great friends from room 3.2 such as Ming Fatt and Hong Hu and everything was soon forgotten.

Two days after moving in, my friends in Malaysia smsed and said PMR results are out!! How did you do? I was like WTF, my Dad didn't call me. So I had to call home, ask him to help me go take my results. And a few hours later the dreaded call came.. 7As. YES, straight As!!! WOW, sigh of relief.

And so that was another 3 years of my education. We are now standing at December 2004. I remember clearly the day I came to Singapore, December 26, the tsunami struck.

Anyway, I shall leave my life story just here. Be back for more tomorrow where I will talk about the final 4 years leading up to JC2.

Cheers to life

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind