Monday, June 2, 2008

Back with vengence

Ok folks. I'm back after a super long hiatus and being MIA for such a long time. The thing was I was going thru plenty of high and emo periods and its hard to put down in words the feeling of being high and emo. I can't type ESTACSY and TEARS into my blog.Speaking of which, here is More Than Words by Extreme



Anyway as I was saying. So much things have happened since my last post. The first of which of course was guitar concert or rather the completion of guitar concert. Well, that marked the end of my best ever performance in public. Very on form that day. Apart from the ensemble pieces, Annen Polka, Variations on Shabondama, A Comme Amour, Cordoba and Mambo No. 5, I played Cai Hong, Zhi Zu and Bu Neng Shuo De Mi Mi arranged by me for my cheena pok small group. I also played as part of Csus4 and we played our signature song Jenny of course and totally rocked the house down. My only regret was not giving an encore. In case u missed Jenny, here it is


And of course after concert there was the sad farewells to all those people who were not going to Japan. And the official photos can be viewed at

Meanwhile, Csus4 had another mission to complete. Busking in the sun.
Well, our songs line-up for that day were Jenny, Smooth, Wish You Well, Stars, Song For You and Accidentally In Love. I was happy about our performance that day really. First time we were performing in public. We went up there, really enjoyed ourselves and had fun. There was no nerves or stuff like that. We even managed to pull off harder songs like Stars by Switchfoot so I was pretty satisfied and happy but sadly fate and to play a part and Justyne missed the song that was inspired and written for her. I was sad seeing Wai Hong so sad. In fact I blamed myself quite a bit for it because I was the one that was psyching him up a lot for it and I irritated the organizers when I refused to cut songs and worst off all, I should have pushed the song to the last song. What the hell was I thinking on that day. Its sad, it really is. 

Well, after Busking In The Sun was VJ Guitar Ensemble's trip to Osaka, Japan. This trip has really opened my eyes, allowed me to know that I was only exposed to what sunny little Singapore had to offer. Japanese guitarist are simply amazing and showy. The range of techniques on show was just way beyond anything I would have imagined. The professor was simply amazing. Tambourine sounds, snare drum sounds on the guitar, you had it all. And he performed magic on my fingers. When pressing on a string, a person's entire body cannot lift my tiny finger away from the fret board. How cool is that. Of course there was the sight seeing and stuff which was really good too. I would list Osaka, Japan is my choice of retirement home after Italy. Photos from Wai Hong are below

And of course after Japan is back to the mundane CT2.

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind