Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blessings

Wow, been a long time...
Exams are coming up next week...
Studies are going up and down. I can read and remember well one day, and the next day I can't concentrate at all. I think I need a psychologist...
I couldn't study today for one reason. This song was totally stuck in my head the whole day. I kept playing it on the guitar over and over again. I even transposed it thru all 12 keys. So I'm proud (or should I be?) to say that I can play Jacky Cheung's 祝福 in all 12 keys.
Its a very beautiful song. The lyrics are just amazing. People don't write songs like that nowadays. I wish I could though. Its deceivingly simply having only use the 5 pentatonic notes in a major scale.
I was singing this song quite a bit because I thought it was a suitable song for the guitar farewell but after some thought I decided that I won't choose a song for guitar farewell. Firstly this song is like as old as us and I doubt many people would know about it especially the non-cheena people and non-cheena people wouldn't understand the lyrics anyway which render the song pretty useless. I can sing this song. The highest note in the original key is a G which is just about the limit for my voice but I guess with nervousness and all that stuff on that day I won't be able to hit the note properly. So anyway, I think I will ask Jacky Cheung to sing on my behalf. I would love to dedicate this song to the guitar people with special mention to random clique, Csus4 and most definitely the CHEENA group, Yinhong, Huiyi, Patrick. Thanks for making Perfect Fifth 2008 the most perfect concert that I've ever performed it. No amount of superlatives can beat the feeling of completing a perfect and succesful concert. Thanks for accepting all the last minute changes to our performance and erm... dealing with my crazy temper. So yeah, here goes, the best version of 祝福 that I could find. The orchestra version. Oh.. and not forgetting PRIME 1!!

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind