Saturday, November 10, 2007

Poop

I must say that I haven't updated in a long time, not since promos ended with a few random post, two to be exact in between then and now. But I'm not saying this is an update. I come to realised that I don't have much to say anyway. I prefer to keep my feelings pent up and don't see the need to tell people and well hardly anybody reads this nowadays.
I haven't been doing much since the end of promos. PW was going according to schedule and I must say that I'm actually neutral about PW despite some of the 4am sessions I had with Bernard and public holidays sessions and some hair pulling moments. Its really good for what I call relationship bonding. Because of all that we've been through, I feel closer to Bernard now. In the past I only knew him as a quiet, emo, cool dude in the corner. Besides that I think I feel closer to the girls now. I can talk more smoothly with jingxuan and cheryl, no problem. Talking more frequently with jingxuan now. I must say that I was quite wrong to make false assumptions about her unwillingness to participate in PW. Admist all her protests and complains, she still got her job done. Just like any other kid that needs a bit of toughness and pushing. Thank God I stalled on reporting her to Miss Ng on her slackness halfway through.
The end of promos also meant more class outings for us. Although its still not at a optimum and frequent level, at least it is a beginning. I've stayed at bernard's house twice, gomez once and jingxuan once. We watched movies, we cycled, we played Winning Eleven, we watched soccer matches, we drank vodka cocktail, we ate prata, vomit fish and fries and airport food, sent fanny off at the airport and had FIFA lan gaming sessions. It was all quite good. A huge change from the beginning and mid year.
The cycle of PW ended with our OP because Miss Ng already got us to hand up and complete our I&R and GPF before OP on the last day which was very very very good indeed. OP was quite fun. All the different jokes and expression we went through. I was thinking of new jokes every practise session just to keep people engaged but unfortunately not all of them worked.
I decided on impulse to start electric lead guitar lessons and I managed to get this very cheap and good and young teacher called Raphael who looks a lot like Wang Lee Hom. His guitar playing is very good, teaching more so. I'm learning a lot and being exposed to a lot. He gave me a list of songs to experiment with so I guess that's very good for my music education too. Learning new techniques and terms like palm mute and hammer-ons and pull-offs, humbucker pick-ups, single-coil pickups, tube amps, whammy-bar. So thats pretty great.
I'm hoping I can put all this skills to good use. I'm back to writing music again and thats great. Currently I'm not working on anything solid. Just experimenting around with different chord progressions and melodic development stuff. Working on lyrics writing too. Rhymes, chinese, english all that stuff. I look out of my window every night and feel that there is so many things I can write by just looking out of the windows but the ideas just don't materialize. I'm going to lug all my recording equipment back to Muar, well actually its not much, just my laptop, my headphones and a computer mic. Thanks how unprofessional I am.
Planning to write a song for S44 because they have been all smiles and great. Hui Ting is going to help me out with lyrics. Planning to write a song for a friend too. Dunno if it will work out because my lyrics ultimately become very cheesy.
Talking about friend, Sharon suddenly told me the other day that I better don't be mean to her or she will spill my secret. I was like WTH?? What secret do I have? And she didn't want to further explain. Haix, girls nowadays...
Jay Chou's new album, On The Run is actually quite a good production upon a few hearings. I must say a huge improvement on Still Fantasy. Comparable to November's Chopin and Jasmine Orange. Some of the material inside are actually very fresh. A few were tunes from the movie Secret which wasn't too bad. Just takes some getting used to as string ensemble pieces are now being sung. The Wild Wild West theme was quite refreshing too but I wondered if there were other ways the melody could have been written without changing the harmony instead of just being copied wholesale from western tunes.
I completed Need For Speed Carbon for the second time. It wasn't too difficult.
I must announce that my violin skills, having been neglected since promos are now at a all time low. Not that it was any higher before that anyway. Simple tone and semi-tones intervals are no longer in tune. I think my fingers are getting used to guitar frets now. I must admit I love the guitar a tad more. Still getting used to Eric Johnson, Malmsteen and Santana instead of Gil Shaham and Itzhak Perlman but I'll get there. Maybe I'll be famous for my enormous versatility in handling diverse music. MUAHAHA
I think I'm over practising my music instruments. My right thumb and index fingers have blisters on them due to over enthusiastic guitar ensemble practise sessions in school these 2 days.
I injured my left little finger. I think I accidentally cracked them on something or I over practise my siren drill on the guitar so they are hurting a lot and can hardly bent now and couple that with my double jointed problem I have a big problem.
Phew that was a long post wasn't it. Well just to announce my travel schedule for the next couple of weeks.
I'll be leaving Singapore for Muar for my long term holidays on the 15th of November so Muarians please lay out the red carpet. Hahaha
I'll be leaving Muar for Singapore on the 24th of November. The day my parents are flying. So Singaporeans please lay out the red carpet for me. Thanks.
I'll be leaving Singapore for London on the 26th of November. Close to midnight. S44 u guys coming to see me off? I do really hope to see you guys there one last time for the year.
Once in London I'll be doing a whole host of traveling and visiting different places thanks to RyanAir's cheap airfares.
I'll be back in Singapore on the 31st of December. Yes New Year's Eve. Jajabinks we should meet up as is customary to us.
So now u guys know when I'll be where so please call me out as I'm so BORED at home doing nothing.
I guess I'll be studying R papers if things continue this way.
So long for now.
Everybody have a nice holiday. :)
Ohh, I've got a new music teacher. Darren Sim from YJC band. I would rate him okay so far.



They say its obvious. But in what way?

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind