Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dream dream dream

Okay before I go off to sleep, I must report that most unusually I've been having dreams for the past 2 nights. I don't normally have them.
Anyway first night, I dreamt I was having dinner or something around a round table like those at a chinese restaurant with music people. I remember Audrey was there. I also remember MT was there. I dunno where were Chang, Teo and Ong. Anyway, we were chatting happily. Audrey wasn't always in the picture. MT was always in the picture. I was chatting happily to MT. I dunno what were we chatting about. She was smiling, I was happy and POOH I woke up.
The second night I dreamt I was listening to this conductor talk on the podium and I was sitting beside him. In front of us was an student orchestra. We were in some kind of practise room in some school. Anyway he finished his lecture and told me to come up and conduct. I remember saying I've never conducted before. Anyway we got started and apparently one of the flautist couldn't understand my hand gestures and came up and ask me what was I pointing with my baton hand. Apparently I was doing up and down motion only. I counted 1,2,3,4 for him and he could understand. After that I started doing the standard down, cross, up motion instead and the conductor started saying very good. I was doing well. I remember closing my eyes and raising my hands up high when this very warm and soulful strings section came in and they were playing very well. The conductor then stopped me. Apparently the end of the movement had an attacca with a sustained oboe note bringing in the next movement. This reminds me of Mendelssohn Violin Concerto but there wasn't any soloist so this couldn't have been Mendy's Violin Concerto. The conductor praised me. WAHAHA.
Ming Yao said TS is leaving. Maybe i'm the next conductor. WAHAHA.
Okay of to sleep now. Guitar practise tomorrow.
DS is quite mad. Online 24/7. Edwin doesn't even do that.

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind