Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jeng jeng jeng

Had guitar practice again this morning and the Mambo No.5 piece is going along nicely. Gaspar surprised us all by asking us to play Polka and Comme. The Polka was okay but the Comme was already a nightmare from last time with all the lines but thankfully I must say that my guitar note recognizing skills have improved and I was able to read the lines and match it with the frets correctly. I do hope my section gets it alright so that I won't always be playing solo and can pon guitar prac once in awhile without the conductor calling and asking me to come to school.
In anyways, Ian and I went to Ebenex. It was my second visit there but my first with a good look around and they really sell all kinds of guitar pedals. Gosh. These are the times when I just wished I was super rich, okay not necessary super rich but sufficiently rich to buy some pedals back. There was a Epiphone Electric Guitar hanging there with sunburst finish that looked quite nice. As to whether its tonally attractive I don't know.
Later on, under Ian's suggestion I went to town to watch a movie. Two movies in fact. I caught Bee Movie and after that spontaneously decided to watch Stardust. Bee Movie is quite a nice movie and so is Stardust. So I was quite satisfied with the money spent on movies today.
Today's dinner in the hostel was quite good actually. I suddenly decided to smile at the canteen lady and said 'xie xie' to her and she amazingly returned my smile. Normally she's quite sour faced and when I was reaching out to get a bowl of soup she stopped me and when and scooped another hot bowl of soup for me. The soup laid out there were already cold. I guess a friendly smile and a word of thank does do wonders.
Came back to my room and started checking out some cliffs of dover videos. Saw the one by fengheng and also eric johnson himself. These guys are just amazing man. Someday, in the near future I'm going to be there. I place my trust in Raphael. But I was thinking I need a better guitar haha. So went to see the PSR site and the Gibson sites. WAH, the guitars damn shiok but no money lah. How to spurge few k on a guitar when I'm so new to it. Even the guitars on soft also in the high hundreds!! ARGH. Some rich guy please read this blog and buy one for my birthday.
I practised the guitar for like almost 2 hours. Doing the drills. I'm staring to like doing bending a lot. Such a interesting technique. I'm so looking forward to guitar lessons. Meanwhile, no news yet from Hai Won. Haix.
I started my lyrics collection project again. Approached Jingxuan for help this time. Apparently she has 2 completed lyrics in her possession that she wrote together with her friend based on a tune Jay Chou song but of ALL things her computer cannot type CHINESE!!! FREAK. OF ALL PROBLEMS.
Meanwhile I approached Hong Hu too and amazingly like 30 mins later he came back to me with a fresh piece of lyrics. That guys is so efficient and doesn't have like emo periods to write lyrics. He's like this lyrics churning machine. WAH, hidden talent. I'm going to exploit it now. I'm going to take a look at his lyrics now. Its his first time writing one so... 'clap hands'
So long.



I love the way she pouts

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind