Saturday, August 25, 2007

Moonlight memories

I was on my bed preparing to sleep when an old buddy msned me and sent me a letter from him.
Actually, firstly I'm really grateful that u bothered to visit this site and read my blog.
The letter brought this whole tide of mixed emotions back to me.
Transformed me back to CHMA 2006.
From the first jamming session playing Swing swing and Gui Ji with a tone-deaf vocalist
To the first jamming session playing accidentally in love with a proper vocalist
To taking the form from in front of the GO,
To being brave enough to appear at the CHMA auditions, facing Isthmus and Pan Island Jam amongst others.
People thought us crazy, people thought us weird, singing Chinese Pop Songs, some even laughed
It was a miracle we got in
CHMA 2006 was mind blowing for us, performing on stage, throwing the roses off stage after that.
The results turned me off in the end

Actually I'm one to believe that the most important is the experience I've gained from a particular competition. I think this is only self consolation when we have lost la. People always say the experience gained is the most important. But I think differently I guess, I feel is self consolation. Most pitiful.

After all these years u started emoing and brought back the past to me. I think I might have shed a tear or two. It really it very touching for me to be reminded how far we have came and how far we have conquered.

As for whatever band activities I'm doing now. Well, things are practically close to nothing. I've lost my keyboardist, guitarist, bassist, vocalist. The only guitarist I have now dislikes Chinese songs so I don't know why am I even wasting my time. I think I've kind of like threw my whole future to the music scene, to band and stuff. But I can't even find bandmates who are passionate about it. People who share the same passion, the same interest and the same chemistry as me. Its elusive. Thats why I say my future seems bleak. I don't even know wats going to happen. I hope this problem resolves itself quickly. Meanwhile, I'm just going to be a one man band. I dream of writing better and better music. The possibilities are there for me to grab and savor.

Here I come.


Thanks Zong Xing

You brought that fire back to me again. FIGHT ON!!

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind