Monday, July 2, 2007

Celebrate our youths with football

Just the other day, one of my friends mentioned I don't understand at all how guys can get so excited watching 22 men kicking the ball around.
Well, there really is this undescrible feeling which, is undescribable. Its very different watching on TV and live really. I don't really watch lots of matches on TV anyway. Just those huge matches and I mainly watch for the goals. Anyway, watching live gives you the advantage of watching all the off the ball movements and the players make and you also get to see the sutle little movements that the players make that makes you go WOW which you normally miss on TV. Watching the final football match at Kallang Stadium adds to the emotion I guess.
I'm not a Singaporean nor did I grow up watching matches at the National Stadium but I could feel the emotions going through the crowd there. Despite many of them being only there to watch the football match and leaving soon after which is a sad scene. Even for me, I could feel the tingling and ripples on my skin as the video was played and historical moments were slowly read out. I think Singaporeans are really lucky to be able to enjoy all these facilities and monuments so close to home and all the special efforts and events organized to commerate historical monuments. I really wouldn't care less if the Muar Stadium was torn down. Actually, the faster they do that the better. I wouldn't care if Bukit Jalil was torn down anyway. There's zero emotion between me and that place. I have actually only seen it once. I must say I'm very grateful and proud and to be among the last people to see the stadium in its full grandour. I'll post pictures I took tomorrow. The scores for the matches were

Malaysia ex-internationals 1-1 Singapore ex-internationals
Singapore 0-3 Australia


Anyway, today the Brotherhood of Jar Jar Binks and Juniors gathered to celebrate our youths with a football match. At first, the sky turned dark and we were all praying that it won't rain. Then it didn't rain. Then to our horror, the field was taken up by many PERKS. But we managed to work out a compromise so the match finally start. I played as striker today and had one penalty saved my Ji Teng and one chance hit the post. I didn't make a single tackle today. Anyway, I realised that the one handed push whicle running technique that Gomez taught me is damn useful to help myself and my teammates from oncoming defenders. I am quite happy that I was calm everytime I got the ball today which is a big improvement from last time already. The only problem is I'm still not calm enough to make the correct moves and decisions. Haix... need to improve. I'm really glad that the gang met. It really is good fate that I've such great friends. In fact, they are so great that they totally set the benchmark for any other type of friends that I might have in school and nobody comes even close. So maybe that's why I always say I don't have friends in school.

Adios

Check back tomorrow for photos

0 sketches:

Post a Comment

speak your mind